ISSA is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members.
To promote a secure digital world.
ISSA is a nonprofit organization for the information security profession committed to promoting effective cyber security on a global basis.
- Being a respected forum for networking and collaboration
- Providing education and knowledge sharing at all career lifecycle stages
- Being a highly regarded voice of information security that influences public opinion, government legislation, education and technology with objective expertise that supports sound decision-making
My involvement in ISSA has opened up job opportunities and friendships that would have otherwise not existed. More specifically, I’ve been able to develop and sustain professional relationships that I can rely on going forward. In addition, serving as a chapter officer has helped strengthen my leadership skills, which in turn has made me more successful at my job.
William E. Smith, Jr. – Information Security Analyst,, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Integrity: Evidenced by a reputation for trustworthiness earned through ethical, fair, transparent, and professional behavior.
Excellence: Evidenced by a commitment to expertise and experience in our field.
Respect: Evidenced in appreciation of the value of diverse perspectives and experience in promoting a culture of leadership and innovation in a global organization.
Goal A: Leadership: ISSA will lead the global security community collaboration to protect society from security threats.
Goal B: Program: ISSA will provide the profession with highly qualified practitioners and high-quality education and training.
Goal C: Influence: ISSA will serve as a respected and trusted source and advisor on information security-related technology, education, standards, and legislation.
- Organize and provide international summits, local chapter meetings and seminars that offer educational programs, training, and valuable networking opportunities
- Provide access to information through the ISSA website as well as online e-newsletters and in the monthly ISSA Journal
- Earn CPE credits by attending chapter meetings, ISSA Web Conferences, subscribing to the ISSA Journal or serving as a chapter or international council leader
- Offer opportunities for members to volunteer by joining committees, which provide leadership opportunities in the security industry
- Enhance professional stature and advance the profession by sharing your expertise as an event speaker or contributor to the ISSA Journal
Click on the link to explore membership options.