General Meeting March 3rd, 2021
Cyber Security Threats and Sophos MTR
General Meeting January 22, 2021
Presenter: Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks Presents: Crypsis Overview
The Ultimate Test Drive where we got hands-on experience with Palo Alto Networks Cloud-Delivered Security Services. In this free workshop we learned the value of preventing and detecting unknown malware, zero-day exploits, APTs, and other advanced cyber attacks and how to tie them to specific users and devices so they can be stopped efficiently.
We also learned how to:
- Go beyond traditional IPS to prevent all known threats across all traffic in a single pass
- Modern malware protection with ML-powered Analysis
- Use predictive analytics to disrupt attacks that use DNS
- Enable safe access to the internet for users in any location by preventing known and new malicious websites
- Rapidly identify and protect all unmanaged IoT and OT devices with a machine-learning-based, signature-less approach
General Meeting September 30th, 2020
It’s clear that cyber crime and cyber criminals are not abating during the global upheaval caused by COVID-19. We recognize that remote work is still the norm for many organizations, especially as some states loosen/tighten restrictions. This situation begs important questions: Is your organization prepared to detect, respond and recover from a cyber incident during this time? Has the move to remote working negatively impacted your security operations and your ability to protect your customers, employees, and environment?
In this session, we learned:
- How the team gains visibility into endpoints and is able to contain systems outside the corporate network
- The advantages of using Real Time Response to remotely remove malware without the need to rebuild systems
- How you can recover your environment from advanced threats and attacks and establish a maximized security posture
General Meeting June 3rd, 2020
Presenter: Juniper – Dwann Hall and Jeff Bird
Today’s rapidly evolving threat landscape is outpacing the efficiency of many current security solutions. Currently, about 80% of all Web traffic is encrypted. Without any insight into what the encrypted Web traffic is doing, it leaves a major attack vector for criminals to exploit your network. New Zero-Day malware variants are launched every day. NGFW features & Anti-Virus Signatures cannot see threats hidden in https encrypted Web traffic. Attacks are more prevalent in encrypted Web traffic these days. Encrypted Web traffic attacks can affect your business at any moment in time.
General Meeting March 4th, 2020
Presenter: Mike Neary
Special Speakers: Local FBI Agent